Commercial Refrigeration Energy Saving’s
- New vertical cases with doors save energy by reducing the loss of cold air from cases.
- New vertical cases with heat free doors save energy by eliminating heat to the glass portion of the door.
- Anti-sweat heater (ASH) controls save energy by reducing or turning off heaters found in case doors.
- Night covers for display cases save energy by reducing the loss of cold air from cases.
- LED lighting is one of the most energy efficient forms of illuminating a display case.
- Strip curtains save energy by reducing the loss of cold air from walk-in entrances.
- Automatic door closers save energy by keeping doors closed and preventing the loss of cold air from walk-in coolers/freezers.
- T8 lighting is more energy efficient than incandescent lighting and emits less heat in walk-ins.
- High efficiency compressors are more energy efficient to operate than standard compressors.
- Electronically Commutated Motors (ECM) for evaporator fans save energy as they are more efficient to operate than standard motors and they emit less heat inside cases.
- Compressor suction line insulation saves energy by protecting refrigerant temperature from surrounding area temperature. The added insulation will help decrease heat load to the compressor resulting in decreased compressor operating hours.
- Door gaskets save energy by helping reduce loss of cold air from display case or walk-in doors.